Boku no Pico is another Japanese series, which was made by shotacon hentai OVAs, and was produced by Natural High. According to the producer, it is the first ever Shotacon anime. This series has 3 episodes and the first episode is final. This series was labeled to be a manga which was one-shot, also a computer game and a music album. Producing this album had quite a high cost, and the characters and content in it were rigorously tested just as the production for this show began. There has been a lot of talk around this anime and many Boku No Pico memes. While it is termed as an erotic or porn anime, it has attracted a lot of viewers who have been talking both negative and positive about it. Let us review in detail about each character and their roles in it.
Characters in Boku No Pico
- Pico – Voiced by Mariko Sakou, Pico is a blonde boy who has a part-time job at the bar owned by his grandfather. He is mostly interested in swimming. He has been wearing girls’ garments ever since Tamotsu gave some to him as a present. Later, feeling hurt that Tamotsu would not outline their relationship, the rebels by cutting his hair and went away from home, though they reconcile. The subsequent summer, Pico meets Chico, who is swimming naked during a stream, whereas riding his bike. He becomes friends with Chico, and calls him “Oniichan” (big brother), in this way they have a romantic and relationship. In his relationships with each Mokkun and Chico, he’s the ukulele, within the latter relationship this can be somewhat reversible. He is a famous meme in all Boku No Pico memes.
- Tamotsu – Also called Mokkun, he is a worker and regular visitor at Bebe. After he mistakes Pico as a young girl, he tries to flirt with her. He also buys him a whole girl outfit, a ruby necklace, and even underwear. He asks pico to wear them after he refuses initially. He sees Pico as an object of satisfaction only, but later on, shows a lot of concern for him. He will eventually reconnect with Pico but disappears in the 2nd and 3rd episode.
- Ojiisan – He is the grandfather of Pico who owns the bar where Pico works in summer. He is the one who introduces Pico and Tamotsu and asked them to spend time together.
- Chico – Voiced by Aiko, Chico is a dark-haired boy who resides with Oneesan. He has a huge house which is in a large forest area. In the second episode, he was a sexual encounter with Pico. As he is younger he is also less experienced. He secretly watches Oneesan through his window.
- Oneesan – She is the legal guardian and sister of Chico. She is sexually frustrated because she spends most of her time in the countryside and taking care of Chico. She was seen by the boys while performing the act one day and began experimenting with her toys and outfits. She runs away after she sees the boys performing adult acts on one another.
- CoCo – In the third episode, pico and chico meet this black haired boy. He has a sexual encounter with both of them later on and then causes some space in between. They do reunite with them and have a threesome.
An in-depth Review of Boku No Pico
You may have seen the Internet filled with Boku No Pico memes and reviews. But is it worth spending time on? Let us find out.
This anime is basically hentai. Hentai is basically anime porn. Though this genre is not widely viewed as such, there are still fans who like to view such twisted types of animes. So, we saw a few episodes and thought to review on it. It is said to be the first ever shotacon anime, which means that it is directed towards people who like to see a lot of young male characters in anime. Around the internet, you can see the name being really famous in a lot of Boku No Pico memes.
Hentai is mainly bizarre anime porn outside Japan. Hentai has some weird sort of illustrations and concepts. Although it is viewed, it is mostly banned in Japan. Most consumers of this genre are male. It consists of both heterosexual and homosexual acts. Just like any porn movie, this sort of anime doesn’t have any leading storyline but it is entirely based on sexual scenes.
Let us remind you, Boku No Pico is supposed to be erotic and have explicit scenes. The main character is Pico around whom the episodes are centered. He has an encounter with an older boy whose name is Tomatsu. They also have a new friend in the second episode whose name is Chico. The third boy they meet while they explore Tokyo is called Coco who likes to dress like women.
Of course, everything ends as was suggested by Boku No Pico Memes, however, we would truly prefer to target the primary episode for the foremost half. There’s somewhat of a plot during this episode, however, it is terribly planned and nearly forced. Tomatsu is caught spying on Pico and on the face of it instantly falls for him. It appears nearly desperate, once he truly buys a dress for Pico, although we cannot decide if Tomatsu is taking part in into his own fantasies or truly understands that Pico likes dresses. Even once Pico asks however Tomatsu feels concerning him, the older boy hesitates.
It’s almost as if Pico is simply a tool for him and truly means that nothing. Thankfully, he’s not in any of the later episodes, that makes us marvel wherever he went. Did he get in remission or something? However, we should mention in Boku No Pico, Tomatsu is thus flat and appears to not extremely care abundant concerning Pico, their 1st encounter can be compared to rape.
That said, we do know for truth there is literally smart hentai with plots and actual attention-grabbing stuff, thus a critic, we would obviously get to say this is often not in any respect what we decided a good anime. We mean to say, if you’re into this type of stuff, it’d be excellent for you, however, for us, we do not suggest it to anyone in any respect.
On the surface of things, Boku No Pico is nothing quite a really well-animated shot with various sex scenes. however, it’s what lies at a lower place, what goes unexpressed that produces this a somewhat weird OVA, the later 2 episodes that were revolving around Pico.
There is no romanticism during this OVA, that is odd, considering the content. Mokkun, a somewhat bland character, sees Pico and lands up having sex with the underage boy. His character was also pointed a lot in Boku No Pico memes. He brings Pico around slowly, taking him out for frozen dessert, giving him blowjobs within the vehicle, then finally transports him around to his flat. What is creepy here, is that the realism concerned here…they don’t fall crazy. There aren’t any roses. Instead, there is a guy who appears to own very little or no social life or girlfriend obsessing over a fair boy. To the purpose wherever he dresses the boy up as a woman and even compares him to 1. Pico likes the eye and (after the initial shock) the sex. It brings to mind stories of old teachers having sex with their young kids that you just see within the news from time to time. We watch this anime and suppose this could happen in real life, but no, this went on to individuals. Not all cases of pedophiles can be equal to brutal rapes. Mokkun is neither given as a foul guy or an honest guy. he’s not head over heels in love with Pico nor will he treat him badly, neither is it clear if he is manipulating the boy or just lonely and desperate.
Pico too could be a mystery. He’s staying along with his grandparent, for the summer if I keep in mind properly. the person appears previous and impartial in Pico and quite happy to let a very strange man take his grandchild out for long periods of your time. If we tend to think about the ending, that takes place in the dark on the beach…where is that the grandfather!?
Of course, we are not attempting to mention this is often in every shotacon creative activity, no. Compared to alternative yaoi, and even to its own sequels (Pico to Leonard Marx and Pico x Coco) Boku no Pico stands out awkwardly. It’s clear Pico loves Mokkun rather more than Mokkun loves him and therefore the ending scene wherever Pico turns his innocent blue eyes towards the audience (facing Mokkun) and says ‘I love you’ invariably haunted us forever.
There aren’t any roses and flowers during this OVA, no love, no happy ending. Simply a quick glimpse into the lifetime of a person and his lover, who happens to be a boy. The series takes its time showing scenery and build up to the sex scenes, all the acts happening in the moment of time. Had there been higher character development, additional story and additional purpose, Boku No Pico might quite be the attention-grabbing anime.
Overall, pleasurable as a shotacon, however with the slightest sense of one thing not right happening beneath the surface. We are unable to even go thus far on say it glorifies pedophilia or rape. Boku no Pico is an anime that doesn’t decide, just shows.
Sounds and Animation:
In a lot of ways, this anime is a piece of art. The way they have portrayed the characters and the emotions, it is mind-boggling. Art may lack the quality of Kyoto animations or even Studio Ghibli, but it is still something to be admired. Each pixel shows the purity and captures the audience’s attention. The illustrator has fully done justice to it.
The sound, which was provided by Sugar Boy Studio, was outstanding. They really know well how to show such a homosexual counter. Each frame unravels the different layers of each character. All the passionate screams are captured very well and feel real enough.
The soundtrack is also amazing. The soft melody which is the theme is great as it prepares you for the romantic journey ahead. All the songs fit well into each scene.
Conclusion of Boku no Pico:
As the Boku No Pico memes have been circulating the internet, there has been a lot of talks about it. The plot and story-line is nothing to discuss or be excited upon. As stated earlier, hentai anime usually have no plots and they are all viewed by men majorly who want to fantasize by watching animated people perform such acts on one another. It has been a hit and a miss, but it sure got people’s attention.
The art was good, sounds were on point and every theme or rhythm fit perfect into each scene. However, the animation was not something to be a fan of. They could have done a much better job at it for sure. When you are showing such intense sex scenes, it is expected by the audience to at least have a crystal clear animation so the purpose is not lost. When you can’t see the main thing happening, then what is the point anyway?
The development of story-line with each character was not synced. In the first episode, it showed all about how two people might be falling in love and do little gestures for each other like buying dresses, etc. As the episodes progress, you expect to see some more lovey-dovey romances or a nice romantic scene but nothing happens like that. Suddenly, by the third episode, all that innocence is lost and is replaced with sexual frustrations. In the 3rd episode, you will just people having a lot of homosexual sex. It will be a disappointment for you if you were expecting something different.
Overall rating: 2/5